The mission of Tigireksky Reserve – is to ensure lasting and harmonious interaction between people and nature.
The aim of creating Tigireksky Reserve was to include Western Altai’s typical natural systems of black taiga, forest-steppe, and other middle altitude landscapes in Russia and the world’s protected areas system of critical natural areas, in order to protect their biological diversity and ecological structure.
The Reserve’s tasks include:
- Protection of designated natural areas to conserve biological diversity and maintain ecosystems and protected natural sites in their natural state.
- Carrying out scientific research, including ongoing species census studies.
- Ecological monitoring of processes and occurrences in ecosystems.
- Environmental outreach.
- Encouraging respect for nature.
- Participation in State Environmental Assessment projects and the design and siting of commercial facilities and other installations.
- Support and training of researchers and experts in environmental conservation.
- Facilitate the development of a network of protected areas network in Altai Krai and the Russian Federation.
- Establish conditions for the sustainable use of natural resources.